Thursday, April 23, 2009

Worldly Influences

Monday night I sat down to read a few articles in the Friend to the kids. One we read was entitled "Broken Trust". It is about a girl who, while house sitting for a neighbor, breaks a figurine. She tries to hide her mistake and then feels guilty. She went to the neighbor and confessed and apologized.

After finishing the story I asked Brinley if she could tell me what it was about. She thought for a minute, stood up, started dancing and then replied, perfectly on key(if there is such thing as on key in a Miley Cyrus song);

"Everybody makes mistakes. Everybody has those days. Everybody knows what, what I'm talkin' 'bout. Everybody has those days. Nobody's perfect..."

1 comment:

Jen said...

I wish we lived closer, I would pick Brinley up and take her to get drinks at Sonic, and the whole way we could sing loud and proud {and horribly off-key!} to Miley!!