Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Safari Chapina


One Saturday in March we headed to Esquintla to go to a drive-thru safari. I love being able to sit in my air conditioned car and see the animals up close. As always, we were cultured as we drove though the highlands of Guatemala to get there. The grounds were surprisingly beautiful and there were more animals than I was expecting. Our favorites were the monkeys, hippos and the lions. Mind you, there were no guidelines about feeding the animals, keeping your windows rolled up or even getting out of your car. I tried to have Brice stand by the hippo so we would remember how fat it was but I was over-ruled. The lions were lazily laying around when we got to them but the lioness did not like our continuous growling. She was sizing up Luke's head by the time we were ready to leave. As we were leaving the park, Blaine let each of the kids take a turn on his lap driving the car. I think that was their favorite part of our Saturday outing.

No comments: