Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sampler Quilt

My good friend,Susan Blaylock, and I started a sampler quilt before I moved to Guatemala. We bought the fabric together and then split it down the middle so we each owned the same amount of the same fabric. Each week we would get together and choose a different pattern to learn. Even though we started with the same basics, we each picked our own fabric for each square. It was fun to see how the design could differ based on our color choices. Not only did I learn to quilt but our friendship was strengthen. Even though the blocks have been done for a long time, I recently sewed them into the quilt top.
Here is my finished quilt top.
And here is Susan's.

We started a new project while I am away. It is another sampler quilt but the fabrics are so bright and happy and yummy. They remind me of a quest bed in springtime.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Your quilt is so beautiful and it is so neat to see how Susan's turned out differently!!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

It is beautiful! I think sewing might just be a thing that is never a part of my life. I'm not sure I have the patience, but maybe one day.

Tyler V said...

WOW! Go you! It looks great.

Brigette Little said...

Those are beautiful! I miss you both!

Kathleen said...

Why is yours so much bigger than Susan's? - J