Usually Spring Break is a time for the kids to get out of school, put on their shorts, and head somewhere on a family vacation. This year we mixed it up a little.
We flew Blaine's parents to Guatemala to watch the kids and he and I took off on an eight day vacation to Italy. Have I ever mentioned how much I love my in-laws?
Here are things I want to remember from our trip:
-being able to have a conversation with Blaine without being interrupted
-sleeping in as late as we wanted
-Spanish Steps
-Trevi Fountain
-"artistic" pictures of the Pantheon
-first taste of gelato
-scarfs
-studying the Sistine Chapel
-St. Peter's Square
-the girl in the airport that talked on her cell phone so loudly, we all know her social life. One of these days I am going to call her ex Kennon and tell him to run away. And her current boyfriend...if she doesn't like his preppy dressing style, why do you like him?
-paying outrageous amounts for mediocre lunches
-massages at the hotel
-sidewalk heist of the guys selling fake D&G sunglasses
-drinking from the aqua duct fountain that was made in the year 17 BC
-learning the myth of how Rome was started-Reamus and Romulus being raised by wolves
-visiting the dungeon Peter and Paul were held in before their martyrdom
-seeing how Roman Paganism influenced early Christianity
-going to church on Easter Sunday and having someone translate the Italian meeting in to Spanish!
-my second taste of gelato
-finding times to call the kids everyday with a nine hour time difference
-the Colosseum
-tour of ancient Rome
-walking miles everyday
-learning about the House of the Vestal Virgins
-third taste of gelato
-burial sight of Julius Ceasar
-Circus Maximus
-learning about the catacombs where the early Christians hid out
-Castel Sant'Angelo
-Italian pizza
-Vatican museum-map room and tapestry room
-Palatine Hill
-time alone with the love of my life
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
sounds heavenly! What an amazing experience.
I'm glad you had such a wonderful time in Rome! We took a family vacation to Italy one year when I was a teenager and it still is one of the most memorable vacations we had together as a family. And how about that gelato, eh?!
Sounds like you had a great trip! It is my dream to someday go to Italy and visit where my family is from. Hope you are doing well!
SO FUN! How was the gelato? It sounds like the to-die-for vacation!
I'm so glad you guys had such a great time! Love the pictures!!
Post a Comment