Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"Chance" Encounter

After we returned from Italy, Blaine's parents stayed two extra days to play with us. The first day we hiked one of the active volcanoes, Pacaya.



The lava flow had changed since the last time we had visited and made the hike much harder than in times past. I don't think the kids would have made it this time. Half of the time we spent walking on lava gravel or newly cooled lava rock which got us very dirty.


These are not tan lines...they are dirt lines!

The best part of their stay was our trip to San Lucas Sacatapequez where Blaine's cousin, Elder (Logan) Douglas is serving his mission. We had a "chance" encounter with him after driving around for 45 minutes asking people if they knew where the Mormon missionaries live. After a lot of searching we just happened to turn the corner on to his street right as he was walking out of his apartment. It was so great to talk with him and see him working for the Lord.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Those pictures of their legs are so funny!!! What a great memory. And I'm just loving you in that scarf. YUM! I want to get one but I'm not sure I could pull it off the way you do!! :)

brooke said...

So crazy that you guys ran into Logan... what are the chances!