They attended church with us. Unfortunately, there was not a translator that day or our English Sunday School teacher so they sat through three hours not understanding anything. My mom reached back to her college Spanish class and could catch a few words but like me, at the end of the block she had a headache. It was very nice to have them there Sunday afternoon when I spend the day alone with the kids. This Sunday though, Blaine and I spoke at a youth fireside on dating so they watched the kids for us.
We attended the temple.



My favorite thing (besides the food) at Santo Doming is these flowers that are dripping down from every wall. It is so romantic.
Normally I could just remember the food tasted good but at Santo Domingo it is also about the presentation:
My dad ordered pecan encrusted salmon with lentils and peeled steamed asparagus.
My mom ate jumbo shrimp with lobster and sweet potato cookies. The polka dots are three different dipping sauces.
I had roasted duck with gnocchi and porcini mushrooms.
It was heavenly. I loved how each food was brought out on a different shaped plate.
The last day my parents were here we visited Lake Amatitlan.
It is so peaceful and the drive really gives you a sense of Guatemalan life. We HAD to drive through Villa Canales were Blaine's cousin is now serving his mission and did a quick drive through of the city. No Elder sightings but we did take a few minutes to visit the little chapel. It is so amazing to see this beautiful building on the edge of that little town.
Mom and Dad, thank you so much for making the huge effort to come visit us. It was great to spend time with you and let the kids get to know you. I loved every minute of it.
p.s. Sorry this is the best picture you could get of the volcano while you were here. It was cloudy everyday. I guess you will have to come back.
3 comments:
How fun! I love it when our parents come to visit. What an amazing place! I'm going to have to add that to our list of places to go someday!
What a wonderful trip; I wish we could come next . . . .
Michelle...I found your blog off of Jen Cox's blog...it is beautiful down there. Looks like there are a lot of sights to see. Also, we aren't doing facebook anymore but I do have a private blog. Send me your email and I will send you an invite to it. {luce73@yahoo.com} I hope that you and your darling family are doing well!
Post a Comment