Monday, May 18, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa

While we were in Italy, Grandma and Grandpa Douglas stayed with the kids. They (the kids) had so much fun. Laura cooked with them, died Easter eggs,
read lots of books, made clay sculptures, and spoiled them rotten. All of this during Spring Break and before grandpa arrived.

When they were both in town they had the kids ready for school early everyday, took Luke to the park every day, went shopping, watched Brice play basketball, took them to church,
toured the school three times, made forts, I heard through the grapevine they took a few naps, went swimming, watched the garbage trucks,
and again, spoiled them rotten.

I am so thankful they were willing to come visit and watch the kids while we were away. The kids were in great hands.

2 comments:

Brigette Little said...

Aren't grandparents wonderful?! I am so jealous you got to go to Italy! I have wanted to do that for so long. So glad you had the chance to go!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

"Went sightseeing?"

Your pictures are wonderful and it sounds like you did some really amazing things. That was wonderful of your parents to come down and help out. Whenever my kids have stayed with my parents for a couple of days it takes about a week to get them back on track with ogre-mother because they are so used to the spoiling. Still, it is worth it!