Monday, December 15, 2008

Thanksgiving Feast



Just like everything else we have done in Guatemala, our Thanksgiving was a little untraditional. Our friends, the McGarys, and us invited almost all of the gringo families we knew and had a huge feast. (Robertson, McCune, Larson, Caudle, McGary, Douglas, Williams, and the sister missionaries)

Thanksgiving was very fun for us this year. The Saturday before Thanksgiving we had a huge Thanksgiving dinner at our house. We invited nearly all the Americans we know and ended up having 32 people over. We started at around 10:00 AM with a Turkey bowl. I was absolutely dominant in the game until I had my annual Thanksgiving hamstring pull about 15 minutes into it. Thanksgiving just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without a pulled hamstring. Michelle did a great job coordinating and planning everything.

(Seriously, the above picture was taken right as he pulled his hamstring.) It has been an annual joke between us that Blaine will get hurt and I tell him every year..."I love to see you play, but I am not taking you to the hospital!"


On a side note: for those of you who have been anxiously awaiting a pie update, I took a picture.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

who pooped in the pie?